Happy Wednesday, residents of Reno! Let’s all catch up to start today on an informed note.
First, the weather forecast for the day:
Rather cloudy and cool. High: 65 Low: 44.
Here are the best stories today in Reno:
- Nevada‘S oldest working brewery offers free shots and beers. This Thursday, the Washoe County Health District will be at Grand Bassin Brewery administer free COVID-19 vaccines and third booster shots to eligible individuals from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. Big pool provide a free pint of craft beer or a pint of Big pool root beer to those who receive the vaccine. (Reno Gazette Journal)
- The Truckee Meadows Parks Foundation brings back his nature walks suitable for people with dementia. They are expected to return on Tuesday, October 5, for the first time since the start of the pandemic. The walks are part of the Discover your parks program, which aims to get people to explore local parks. They give participants the chance to learn more about the plants at Idlewild Park and how they change depending on the season. They take place every Tuesday at 10 a.m., you just need to show up.
- Directory Great italian party turns downtown Reno into Little Italy for the weekend. The festival starts at 11 a.m. on Saturday October 9 and ends on Sunday afternoon at 5 p.m. (KRNV My News 4)
- A Reno A theft suspect led police in a 40-mile high-speed chase in Lyon County on Tuesday morning. (KRNV My News 4)
- Of them pepper mill workers are recovering after a man allegedly attacked them with a knife and cut them off on Monday night. (KOLO)
Today’s Reno Daily is brought to you by RVshare. From the Blue Ridge Mountains to Yosemite National Park, satisfy your desire to travel in safe and affordable rentals by RVshare. Discover the best RV travel destinations for fall!
Today in Reno:
- Zero Waste Committee – Sierra Club – Toiyabe Chapter (5:30 p.m.)
- Planning Commission Meeting – City of Reno (6:00 p.m.)
You can feature your local business in this newsletter spot for just $ 79 per month. Click here to find out more.
You are now in the know and ready to start this Wednesday. I’ll meet you in your inbox tomorrow morning with your next update! If you like these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to follow. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Rachel Kilimnik
About me: Rachel is a born and raised New Yorker who recently moved to the mountains of the West. She is a freelance writer for content agency Lightning Media Partners and assists Patch.com in curating the community newsletter. In her free time, you can see Rachel rollerblading, pottery making, drinking tea, and tending to her growing collection of houseplants.